Landscape Photography Tutorials: Everything You Need
Landscape photography is by far one of the most popular genres of photography, and with that comes a lot of people with a lot of questions! Our website is absolutely packed full of landscape photography tutorials, but to save you searching we have pulled together some of the best tutorials we have published so far:
General Landscape Photography Tutorials
These are the real basics that you’ll want to cover when you’re taking up landscape photography. Reading the following articles will give you a great foundation for landscapes and you’ll be shooting with a lot more confidence in a variety of different scenarios!
- How to Photograph Sunrises and Sunsets
- How to Photograph Rainbows
- How to Take Great Photos When the Weather is Bad
- How to Photograph Magical Morning Mist
- How to Photograph the Coast
- 10 Ways to Improve Your Landscape Photos
- Create Impressionistic Images Using Multiple Exposures
- 10 Top Tips to Improve Your Landscape Photos
Technique for Landscape Photography
We’ve covered the basics, so let’s get a little more advanced. These articles look at the technique behind the landscape shots you know and love. Everything from long exposures through the utilising HDR is covered here.
- Long Exposure Photography Guide: Slow Shutters for Smooth Results
- Golden Hour Photography: A Landscape Photographer’s Guide
- A Beginner’s Guide to HDR Photography
- How Horizon Placement Affects Depth in Landscape Photos
- 10 Top Tips for Sharper Landscape Photos
- Composition: How to Create a Frame within a Frame
- Composition Tips: Leading Lines and Vanishing Points
- Staying Sharp: How to Use Hyperfocal Distance
- Infrared Photography: The Invisible Light
It’s not all about the camera, but it sure helps. There are a number of different lenses and cameras on the market that are good for landscape photography, but actually choosing the ideal one is harder than it seems.
- A Guide to Choosing a Lens for Landscape Photography
- What’s the Best Camera for Landscape Photography?
- How to Take Landscapes with a Telephoto Lens
- The Ultimate Guide to Landscape Filters
Seasonal Landscape Photography Tutorials
Opportunities for landscape photography change with the seasons. It’s one of the best parts of the job, really. These tutorials look at some of the different things you can photograph throughout the year.
- How to Photograph Winter Landscapes
- How to Take Creative Photos of Autumn Trees
- Summer Landscape Photography: What and When to Photograph
Landscape Photography After Dark
Feeling brave? Try taking your camera out at night and capture something truly magical: the night sky. These are some of our best tutorials, with a huge wealth of information about training your camera on the night sky.
- How to Photograph the Milky Way
- How to Get Sharp and In Focus Stars in Starscape Photos
- Star Trails: How to Take Captivating Night Sky Photos
- How to Photograph the Northern Lights
We’ve published a really fantastic eBook, A Practical Guide to Landscape Photography, that covers pretty much everything you will want to know about the field. This is the best and fastest way to learn, rather than sifting through all the landscape photography tutorials above.