Weekly Photography Assignment: Astrophotography
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 186: Astrophotography
Our theme this week is Astrophotography! Turn your camera towards the night sky and show us what astrophotos you can take this week.
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- The Ultimate Guide to Astrophotography
- Astrophotography Settings to Use for Star Photos
- Star Photography Tutorials: The Complete Guide
- How to Shoot and Process Star Trails
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 28th July, to submit your photo.
Last week’s winner
Last week’s theme was Action – and our favourite image this week is:
Well done to Stephen Mathew Cowen for this action shot of a swan taking off. Excellent timing!
Images embedded from 500px.com.
Never miss an assignment: Sign-up to the Nature TTL newsletter here.