Weekly Photography Assignment: Macro Magic
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 193: Macro Magic
Our theme this week is Macro Magic! This week, wherever you are, look for the finer details, the hidden beauties and the mini critters. Show us what you can photograph that might have otherwise been overlooked!
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- 5 Autumn Photography Ideas for Macro Photographers
- How to Compose a Macro Photo
- How to Take Macro Photos on a Budget
- Photography Ethics: Freezing Insects for Macro
- How to Take Abstract Macro Photos
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 22nd September, to submit your photo.
Last week’s winner
Last week’s theme was Signs of Autumn– and our favourite image this week is:
This week’s winner is by Jamie Morton. “Spot the inquisitive Parakeet cocking his head at me amongst the leaves in Richmond Park – some of which were starting to turn seasonally yellow and brown”.
Images embedded from 500px.com.
Never miss an assignment: Sign-up to the Nature TTL newsletter here.