Weekly Photography Assignment: Water
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Our theme this week is Water. You can photograph anything you like this week, so long as the photo uses water as an element! The focus could be water itself in the form of a river, lake or the sea – or it could be some wonderfully wet wildlife or macro shots. Are there droplets on your plants? Birds using your birdbath? Show us in this week’s assignment!
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- How to Photograph Rainbows
- How to Photograph Pond Life
- How to Photograph Landscapes in the Rain
- How to Get Rain & Snow Streaks
- 6 Tips for Photographing Waterfalls
- How to Expose Correctly for Water
- How to Photograph Seascapes
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 19th April, to submit your photo.
Last week’s winner
Last week’s theme was Shadows – and our favourite image this week is:
This week’s winner is by Eldrik Ajiyi. We really like the composition, depth of field, and background choice in this shot. An excellent shot!
Images embedded from 500px.com.
Never miss an assignment: Sign-up to the Nature TTL newsletter here.