Weekly Photography Assignment: Silhouettes
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 197: Silhouettes
This week our theme is Silhouettes! Find the right angle, get the sun behind your subject, and capture some stunning photos with a focus on the shape. We can’t wait to see your photos!
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- How to Shoot Striking Silhouettes
- Backlighting in Wildlife Photography: Creative Use of Light
- Understanding Different Metering Modes
- Choosing the Best Lighting for Wildlife Photos
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 20th October, to submit your photo.
Last week’s winner
Last week’s theme was Deer – and our favourite image this week is:
This week’s winner is by Colin Sole. Colin submitted three great photos, and this was our favourite! The backlighting works well to show off the breath of the stag, giving it added life. Well done Colin!
Images embedded from 500px.com.
Never miss an assignment: Sign-up to the Nature TTL newsletter here.