Weekly Photography Assignment: Open Water
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 128: Open Water
Our theme this week is Open Water. This week head to an open body of water with your camera and see what photos you can create! The location you choose could be an inland lake or the sea – it’s up to you. We can’t wait to see what you photograph.
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- Underwater Split-Shots: Top Tips for Over-Under Photos
- How to Expose Correctly for Water
- 4 Steps to Shoot Beautiful Lakes at Sunrise
- Photographer Captures Majestic Beauty of the Ocean
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 18th June, to submit your photo.
Last Week’s Favourite
Here is our favourite submission from last week’s theme, Flowers. You can view all of the entries here.
This week’s winning photo is by Christl Deckx. Among many stunning entries, this photo really stood out. The background was chosen well and blurred beautifully into a soft bokeh. The composition is elegant and really brings out the best bits of the flower. Well done Christl!
Images embedded from 500px.com.