Weekly Photography Assignment: Low Light
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 198: Low Light
This week our theme is Low Light! Low light photography is one of the key skills all nature and wildlife photographers need to learn. This week we challenge you to head out in the early hours, or close to sunset, to see if you can master this sometimes tricky technique.
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- How to Photograph Wildlife in Low Light
- Choosing the Optimum ISO Speed
- Golden Hour Photography: A Landscape Photographers Guide
- How to Photograph the Blue Hour
- Sunrise and Sunset Photography: Composition and Techniques
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 27th October, to submit your photo.
Last week’s winner
Last week’s theme was Silhouettes – and our favourite image this week is:
This week’s winner is by Ian Austin. Thank you Ian for sharing this stunning back-lit photo! Absolutely beautiful.
Images embedded from 500px.com.
Never miss an assignment: Sign-up to the Nature TTL newsletter here.