Weekly Photography Assignment: Creative Composition
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 187: Creative Composition
Our theme this week is Creative Composition. There are a number of rules that photographers often find themselves abiding by, the rule of thirds is one example. Sometimes we have to break these rules to create something unique and eye-catching. Show us how you break these composition rules!
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- Composition in Wildlife Photography: Getting Creative
- Composition: How to Create a Frame within a Frame
- How to Use Negative Space in Your Wildlife Photos
- 9 Creative Ways to Drastically Improve Your Wildlife Photos
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 4th August, to submit your photo.
Last week’s winner
Last week’s theme was Astrophotography – and our favourite image this week is:
Well done to Terry Mullen for this amazing shot of the milky way above Kynance Cove in Cornwall!
Images embedded from 500px.com.
Never miss an assignment: Sign-up to the Nature TTL newsletter here.