Weekly Photography Assignment: Break the Rules
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 135: Break the Rules
Our theme this week is Break the Rules. We want to see you get creative and buck the trend of compositional rules. So that means no rule of thirds, no leading lines etc! Take the composition that you would always shy away from. Weird and whacky is the way to go this week.
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- How to Take Abstract Macro Photos
- Creative Visions: How to Photograph Abstracts in Nature
- 10 Tips for Photographing Patterns and Textures in Nature
- 8 Tips for Taking Creative Photos on Safari
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 20th July, to submit your photo.
Last week’s winner
Last week’s theme was Birds – and our favourite image for this week is:
This week’s winner is by Tim J Nicol who photographed this beautiful hummingbird feeding from a flower. Great image!
Images embedded from 500px.com.
Never miss an assignment: Sign-up to the Nature TTL newsletter here.