Weekly Photography Assignment: Bokeh
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 158: Bokeh
Our theme this week is Bokeh. The word Bokeh can have many definitions, in its simplest form, it is known as the out of focus areas of the image. These areas can be creamy smooth caused by using a shallow depth of field, or they can be full of light, creating stunningly vivid backgrounds. Show us what you can create using bokeh!
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- Depth of Field for Beginners: Bokeh, Focus, and more
- How to Create a Beautiful Bokeh
- Choosing the Best Foreground and Background
- The Importance of Backgrounds
- What’s the Best Aperture to Use in a Wildlife Photo?
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 14th January, to submit your photo.
Last Week’s Favourite
Here is our favourite submission from last week’s theme, Nature Photography. You can view all of the entries here.
This week our winning image is by Linn Smith who photographed this
Tri-colored Heron while it soaked up the temperature of the water in a lake located in Central Florida. Linn has created a beautiful portrait image. The gradient of the background colour is absolutely stunning, and the composition was well selected. Well done Linn!
Images embedded from 500px.com.