Weekly Photography Assignment: After Dark
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Our theme this week is After Dark. Show us your photos taken at night! That could be long exposures under moonlight, starscapes, star trails, camera trap photos, nocturnal wildlife or anything that you think is encompassed by this week’s theme.
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- Star Photography Tutorials: The Complete Guide
- Wildlife Starscapes: Photographing at Night in Africa
- 8 Tips for Wildlife Camera Trap Photography
- How to Photograph Wildlife in Low Light
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 2nd March, to submit your photo.
Last week’s winner
Last week’s theme was the Rule of Thirds – and our favourite image this week is:
This week’s winner is by Anna Carpendale. We lovely the use of the rule of thirds to show off seasonal Snowdrops!
Images embedded from 500px.com.
Never miss an assignment: Sign-up to the Nature TTL newsletter here.