Weekly Photography Assignment: Motion
After having a great response to the idea on our Facebook group, we’re pleased to bring you the first in a series of weekly photography assignments!
Each week we’ll give you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our two favourites to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 1 Theme: Motion
Our theme this week is motion – that means all things moving, of course! This is a great time of year for those in the UK especially, where we have huge starling murmurations throughout the winter.
For some guidance, have a read of the following tutorials:
- How to Photograph Flocks of Birds
- How to Photograph Birds in Flight
- Panning Technique: Conveying Motion in a Photo
- How to Photograph Fast-moving Mammals
Submit Your Photo
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 29th November, to submit your photo.
Here are some photos to get you in the mood for our theme this week!