Weekly Photography Assignment: Water
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our two favourites to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 32: Water
Our theme this week is Water. Lakes, rivers, waterfalls… You name it.
For some guidance, have a read of the following tutorials:
- 6 Tips for Photographing Waterfalls
- How to Expose Correctly for Water
- Long Exposure Photography Guide: Slow Shutters for Smooth Results
Submit Your Photo
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 4th July, to submit your photo.
Last Week’s Favourites
Here are our favourite shots from last week’s theme: Clouds! You can view all the entries here.
I chose this image by Dave Greenwood because the contrast in the clouds is lovely, with a load of detail in all the whips. The position of the plane alongside the windmill is composed nicely, and the unique angle and perspective keeps things interesting.
Photos sourced from 500px.com