Weekly Photography Assignment: The Golden Hour
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 189: The Golden Hour
Our theme this week is the Golden Hour. Golden hour is the hour just after sunrise and before sunset, when the sun lights everything in warm golden tones – a photographers dream. Landscapes, macro, and birds, it all looks amazing at this time of day, get out and show us what you can find!
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- Golden Hour Photography: A Landscape Photographers Guide
- Sunrise and Sunset Photography: Composition and Techniques
- How to Photograph Sunrises and Sunsets
- Backlighting in Wildlife Photography: Creative Use of Light
- Choosing the Best Lighting for Wildlife Photos
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 11th August, to submit your photo.
Last week’s winner
Last week’s theme was Butterflies & Moths – and our favourite image this week is:
Well done to Beth Riker Howell for this shot of an orange sleepy sulphur butterfly, Northern Virginia. Excellent composition and stunning colours!
Images embedded from 500px.com.
Never miss an assignment: Sign-up to the Nature TTL newsletter here.