Weekly Photography Assignment: Textures
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 180: Textures
Our theme this week is Textures! This week, we’d like to challenge you to look closely at the world around you and capture the finer details. It might be the texture of a rock, or the veins in a leaf.
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- How to Compose a Macro Photo
- Creative Visions: How to Photograph Abstracts in Nature
- How to Photograph Backlit Autumn Leaves with Flash
- Macro Photography: How to Photograph Frost & Ice
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 16th June, to submit your photo.
Last week’s winner
Last week’s theme was Get Creative – and our favourite image this week is:
Well done to Tim J Nicol for his close-up image for these flower details!
Images embedded from 500px.com.
Never miss an assignment: Sign-up to the Nature TTL newsletter here.