Weekly Photography Assignment: Summer
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 135: Summer
Our theme this week is Summer. At this time of year there are many wonderful spectacles to photograph throughout the natural world. This week, we want you to look for summer species, summer scenes and show us what this season means to you!
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- Inspiration for Summertime Wildlife Photography
- 3 Simple Tips to Improve Your Summer Landscapes
- 5 Ideas for Wildlife Photography in Summer
- Summer Landscapes: What and When to Photograph
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 6th August, to submit your photo.
Last Week’s Favourite
Here is our favourite submission from last week’s theme, Motion. You can view all of the entries here.
This week’s winning photo is by Hauk Tamás. Hauk has used a long exposure to blur the river as it flows through this wooded valley. This effect not only shows the motion of the water but also adds to the landscape’s sense of mystery. Great photo Hauk!
Images embedded from 500px.com.