Weekly Photography Assignment: Macro Photography
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Our theme this week is Macro Photos. This week, wherever you are, look for the finer details, the hidden beauties and the mini critters. Show us what you can photograph that might have otherwise been overlooked!
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- How to Compose a Macro Photo
- How to Take Macro Photos on a Budget
- 5 Tips for Shooting Insect Macro Photos with Personality
- How to Take Abstract Macro Photos
- How to Photograph Insects in Flight
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 27th April, to submit your photo.
Last week’s winner
Last week’s theme was Water – and our favourite image this week is:
This week’s winner is by Eva van Belle, of this stunning sunset complete with predawn reflections. Beautiful shot!
Images embedded from 500px.com.
Never miss an assignment: Sign-up to the Nature TTL newsletter here.