Weekly Photography Assignment: Contrast
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 128: Contrast
Our theme this week is Contrast. Use the contrast between light and dark to create your image for this week’s assignment.
For some guidance, have a read of the following tutorials:
- How to Shoot Striking Silhouettes
- A Beginner’s Guide to HDR Photography
- How to Create Drama and Mood in Landscape Photography
- Backlighting in Wildlife Photography: Creative Use of Light
- How to Use Backlighting in Landscape Photography
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 1st June, to submit your photo.
Last week’s winner
Last week’s theme was Seabirds – and our favourite image this week is:
This week’s winners are by Eva van Belle. We really love both the reflection and the gorgeous evening light. Great work!
Images embedded from 500px.com.
Never miss an assignment: Sign-up to the Nature TTL newsletter here.