Weekly Photography Assignment: Close to Home
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 169: Close to Home
Our theme this week is Close to Home. This week we’d like to see what nature photos you can take by staying as close to home as possible! It could be in your back yard, your front garden, maybe even inside the house itself!
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- Working From Home for Photographers: Making the Most of It
- How to Photograph Wildlife in Your Backyard
- How to Make a Boring Bird Interesting
- Macro: How to Take Low-key Close-ups
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 31st March, to submit your photo.
Last Week’s Favourite
Here is our favourite submission from last week’s theme, Signs of Spring. You can view all of the entries here.
This week our winning image this week is by J. C. Strange. “You always know spring is really here when the bees start collecting..” We agree! Lovely shot J. C.
Images embedded from 500px.com.
Never miss an assignment: Sign-up to the Nature TTL newsletter here.