Weekly Photography Assignment: Trees and Leaves
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 195: Trees and Leaves
Our theme this week is Trees and Leaves! We’re looking for stunning, creative shots of the plants near you.
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- How to Photograph Trees and Forests
- How to Photograph Woodlands: Trees, Streams, and Fungi
- How to Take Creative Photos of Autumn Trees
- How to Photograph Backlit Autumn Leaves with Flash
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 6th October, to submit your photo.
Last week’s winner
Last week’s theme was Foreground Focus – and our favourite image this week is:
This week’s winner is by Tom In Arizona. We really like the layered framing of the amazing Grand Teton, with a foreground of fall colours!
Images embedded from 500px.com.
Never miss an assignment: Sign-up to the Nature TTL newsletter here.