Weekly Photography Assignment: Shadows
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Our theme this week is Shadows. This might be contrasty light in a landscape, or the shadow of an animal subject. Think outside the box and try and do something creative.
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- How to Expose Wildlife Photos at Dawn and Dusk
- How to Use Backlighting in Landscape Photography
- Master Backlighting in Wildlife Photography
- How to Photograph Wildlife in Cemeteries & Graveyards
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 6th April, to submit your photo.
Last week’s winner
Last week’s theme was On the Wing- and our favourite image this week is:
This week’s winner is by Richard Archer of this Male Lapwing displaying in the High Peak. We really like the composition of this shot – stunning.
Images embedded from 500px.com.
Never miss an assignment: Sign-up to the Nature TTL newsletter here.