Weekly Photography Assignment: Portraits
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 208: Portraits
Our theme this week is Animal Portraits. Your challenge this week is to photograph portraits of the wildlife around you. Your portrait could focus on the animal alone or draw attention to a certain behaviour or interesting characteristic. Aim to show your subject’s personality for the best results! As always we’ve included some helpful articles below, so be sure to check out those first for some additional ideas and inspiration. Good luck!
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- How to Take Impacting Portraits of Wildlife
- 8 Tips to Create Beautiful Underwater Animal Portraits
- 5 Tips for Shooting Insect Macro Photos with Personality
- Bird Photography Tips: Shooting Bird Portraits
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 5th January, to submit your photo.
Last week’s winner
Last week’s theme was Action Shots – and our favourite image this week is:
This week’s winner is by Pam Mullins of two big male grizzly bears having a dispute over fishing rights. Fantastic!
Images embedded from 500px.com.
Never miss an assignment: Sign-up to the Nature TTL newsletter here.