Weekly Photography Assignment: Ponds, Rivers & Lakes
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 131: Ponds, Rivers and Lakes
Our theme this week is Ponds, Rivers & Lakes. We want you to show us what nature you can find in, on and around these bodies of water. You could look for macro shots of frogs, long-lens shots of ducks, wide angle waterscapes, or even get creative with some astro-reflections?!
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- How to Photograph Pond Life
- 4 Steps to Shoot Beautiful Lakes at Sunrise
- How to Photograph Waterfalls
- How to Photograph Damselflies and Dragonflies
- How to Photograph Kingfishers
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 22nd June, to submit your photo.
Last week’s winner
Last week’s theme was Textures – and our favourite image this week is:
This week’s winner is Eldrik Ajiyi. We love that this image shows 2 very different textures; the veins in the leaf and the texture of the droplets on it. Well done Eldrik!
Images embedded from 500px.com.
Never miss an assignment: Sign-up to the Nature TTL newsletter here.