Weekly Photography Assignment: Bad Weather
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 153: Bad Weather
Our theme this week is Bad Weather. This week we’re challenging you to show that so-called bad weather can be turned into a fantastic photographic opportunity. Think epic storms, rain-streaks and rainbows!
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- How to Photograph Rainbows
- How to Photograph Storms: Supercells, Lightning, Tornadoes
- How to Photograph Landscapes in the Rain
- How to Take Great Photos When the Weather is Bad
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 10th December, to submit your photo.
Last Week’s Favourite
Here is our favourite submission from last week’s theme, In Flight. You can view all of the entries here.
This week our winning image is by Kathryn Haylett. Kathryn says: “We spent over an hour watching several species negotiating the floodplains, buffalo, red lechwe, giraffe, baboons and this impala who rewarded us with a giant leap”. We really like this interpretation of “in flight”! A fantastic action shot.
Images embedded from 500px.com.