Weekly Photography Assignment: Bad Weather
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 200: Bad Weather
This week our theme is Bad Weather. We want you to show that so-called bad weather can be turned into a fantastic photographic opportunity. Think epic storms, rain-streaks and rainbows!
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- How to Take Great Photos When the Weather is Bad
- How to Photograph Storms: Supercells, Lightning, Tornadoes
- How to Photograph Rainbows
- How to Photograph Landscapes in the Rain
- How to Get Rain & Snow Streaks
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 10th November, to submit your photo.
Last week’s winner
Last week’s theme was By the Sea – and our favourite image this week is:
This week’s winner is by Leslie Simmons. There were some wonderful entries, but this week it had to go to Leslie! We love the action captured in this shot. An awesome feeding frenzy!
Images embedded from 500px.com.
Never miss an assignment: Sign-up to the Nature TTL newsletter here.