Weekly Photography Assignment: Backlighting
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 212: Backlighting
Our theme this week is Backlighting. This is where the light comes from behind the subject and straight towards the camera. It allows for beautiful rim-lighting around the subject, or for light to come through the back of translucent things like leaves.
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- How to Use Backlighting in Landscape Photography
- Backlighting in Macro Photography
- Backlighting in Wildlife Photography: Creative Use of Light
- 8 Tips for Creating Amazing Lighting in Underwater Photos
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 2nd February, to submit your photo.
Last week’s winner
Last week’s theme was Atmosphere – and our favourite image this week is:
This week’s winner is by Sid Aswal with this warm feeling silhouette shot that makes great use of fairy lights! Another great shot Sid.
Images embedded from 500px.com.
Never miss an assignment: Sign-up to the Nature TTL newsletter here.