Weekly Photography Assignment: Atmosphere
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 211: Atmosphere
Our theme this week is Atmosphere. For this week’s assignment, we want you to focus on the feelings evoked by your photos. Look for different types of lighting, for example soft or dramatic, that could add a certain mood to your photo.
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- How to Use Mist to Improve Your Landscape Photos
- How to Create Drama and Mood in Landscape Photography
- How to Photograph Landscapes in the Rain
- 9 Creative Ways to Drastically Improve Your Wildlife Photos
- Choosing the Best Lighting for Wildlife Photos
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 26th January, to submit your photo.
Last week’s winner
Last week’s theme was Close to Home – and our favourite image this week is:
This week’s winner is by Sid Aswal with this green-themed butterfly shot. Lovely framing Sid!
Images embedded from 500px.com.
Never miss an assignment: Sign-up to the Nature TTL newsletter here.