Weekly Photography Assignment: Animals in Habitats
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our two favourites to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 9: Animals in Habitats
Our theme this week is Animals in Habitats. We want you to show not just the subject, but the animal within a wider context. It may help to put down your telephoto lens for this assignment, and get out a wide-angle! You could even try camera trapping.
For some guidance, have a read of the following tutorials:
- How to Photograph Animals in Their Habitat
- How to Photograph Wildlife with a Remote Release & Wide-angle Lens
- How to Make a DSLR Camera Trap Housing
Last Week’s Favourites
Will is currently out of contact on a research expedition, so we will be posting our favourites from last week in February. Thanks for your patience!
Submit Your Photo
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 24th January, to submit your photo.
Images courtesy of 500px.com