Weekly Photography Assignment: Light
Each week we’ll be giving you a theme that you can submit a photo for, and we’ll choose our favourite to be featured on the Nature TTL website. Participating in these assignments will be a great way for you to force yourself to push the boundaries of your photography and improve together as a community on the website.
Week 133: Light
Our theme this week is Light. This week, the aim of your shot should be to creatively explore the light and how you use it.
Here are some tutorials to help you:
- How to Use Backlighting in Landscapes
- Backlighting in Macro Photos
- 8 Tips for Light in Underwater Photos
- Choosing the Best Light for Wildlife Photos
To enter your photo to this assignment, add it in the comments below this post. By submitting your photo, you are giving us permission to feature your photo the following week if it is chosen as one of our favourites. Please keep images under 2MB in size otherwise you may have difficulty uploading them.
Here are some guidelines to keep things running smoothly:
- Photos must be your own work
- Please enter no more than 3 photos per week
- Please only enter photos taken within the week of the assignment
- Include a description with your photo and tell us a bit about it!
You have until next Tuesday, 27th July, to submit your photo.
Last week’s winner
Last week’s theme was Break the Rules – and our favourite image this week is:
This week’s winner is by Richard Clifford, of this stunning spider in its web. Everything from the lighting to the composition is different to the standard “rules” of photography. A unique image – well done.
Images embedded from 500px.com.
Never miss an assignment: Sign-up to the Nature TTL newsletter here.