New DJI Ronin 2 Announced
The DJI Ronin has been a popular tool for film-makers, from natural history to big cinematic productions. It has now been updated, with DJI’s announcement of the Ronin 2.
The full press release can be found here, but the video below gives an excellent run-down of what is new.
So what’s new?
- Touchscreen controller (which will work with RED cameras)
- A 30-pound payload capacity
- Carbon fiber build
- Camera cage setup with extendable arms to incorporate larger cameras
- Built-in feet
- Fine-tuning knobs for easy adjustments
- New splash-proof, more powerful motors
- Second-person remote controller has a one-mile range
- Uses the same batteries as the Inspire 2. They’re ‘hot swappable’ and last for 2.5 hours
- Quick release system for cable cams and other mounts
- Intelligent smoothtrack mode and panorama mode
There’s no pricing information available yet, but the Ronin 2 will be available in the next few months.