DJI’s New Mavic Mini Drone is 249g and Shoots 2.7K Video
DJI’s innovative Mavic Mini is the drone “for everyone,” bringing new shooting possibilities to both new pilots and professionals.
Weighing just 249 grams, the Mavic Mini, which is the newest edition in DJI’s folding Mavic drone’s series, maintains professional shooting quality whilst employing the lightest frame possible, making it the smallest and lightest DJI drone ever made.
With abilities to shoot high quality video, pilots can choose to film at 2.7K at 30fps, 1080p at 60fps, or take photos that can reach up to 12 megapixels – all captured with the 1/ 2.3inch sensor. Before flying, pilots can choose to shoot in a range or modes including:
- ‘Position’ (P)- for new pilots looking to fly in a basic operation
- ‘Sport’ (S)- for more experienced pilots
- CineSmooth (C)- for content creators looking to capture cinematic, smooth footage.
When this is set, flight movements can also be programmed, these are called ‘QuickShots,’ and range from:
- Rocket – Mavic Mini flies straight up into the air with the camera pointing downward following your subject. Set a height limit of 40, 60, 80, 100, or 120 feet.
- Circle – Mavic Mini will circle around your subject at a constant altitude and distance.
- Dronie – Mavic Mini flies backward and upward, with the camera tracking your subject. Set a height limit of 40, 60, 80, 100, or 120 feet.
- Helix – Mavic Mini flies upward and away, spiralling around your subject. Set a height limit of 40, 60, 80, 100, or 120 feet.
Now ready to fly, the inbuilt three-axis motorized gimbal supports and stabilises the camera, in addition to WIFI transmission signal, creating smooth and professional looking footage for everyone.
When hovering and landing, this model has downward visual sensors and a GPS receiver which detects the ground below the drone, enabling precise hovering and landing both inside and outside.
Along with the Mavic Mini there are many accessories to choose from, including a 360-degree propeller guard for extra safety. There is also a two-way charging hub which can charge up to three Mavic batteries, which when fully charged can have a flight time of 30 minutes. The charging hub can also be used as a power bank.
A Mini Travel bag is also available, which fits the Mavic Mini and controller, and is the perfect pouch for packing the drone for all creative adventures.
The Mavic Mini is simple to fly, even for those new to drones. If your first time flying a drone is with the Mavic Mini, the DJI Fly app can help introduce you to the basics of flying through the provided tutorials, to help you get started safely and quickly. And, for those who are experienced pilots, the app is a perfect place to construct and edit your footage to create great content for social media.
“To design a drone as lightweight, compact yet capable as Mavic Mini was one of the most challenging projects we’ve ever tackled at DJI,” said Roger Luo, President, DJI. “Distilling top-of-the-line features into a palm-of-your-hand drone is the culmination of years of work, and we are ecstatic to bring a new class of drone to the DJI lineup. Mavic Mini’s long flight time, ultra-light weight and high-quality camera makes it DJI’s everyday drone – and most importantly, it’s easy to fly, no matter your experience level with drones.”
The Mavic Mini will be available in October 2020, and retail at $399. To find out more visit DJI’s website.