Canon Announce New EOS 2000D and Mirrorless M50
Canon have announced two new additions to their budget line-up. The new EOS 2000D DSLR (or EOS Rebel T7 in the US) and the EOS M50 mirrorless are expected to arrive this spring with a wealth of new features.
Canon is touting the EOS 2000D as an “easy-to-use, intuitive camera” that is “suited to beginners” looking to enter the world of DSLR photography. The entry-level DSLR comes alongside an EF-S 18-55mm IS II zoom lens.
With a 24.1MP APS-C sensor, this offers a surface area up to 19x larger than a lot of smartphones on the market. Full HD video recording is also available, for those looking to shoot moving image on a budget.
These features, coupled with social media functionality through Canon Camera Connect app utilising Wi-Fi or NFC, shows that this camera is geared towards smartphone users looking to amp up their technological capabilities.
Other key specifications include:
- ISO range of 100-6400 (expandable to ISO 12800)
- 9-point Autofocus system.
- 3-fps full resolution continuous shooting.
- 3.0 inch LCD.
- Photo Companion app for tips and tutorials on how to utilise the cameras features.
- Interchangeable lenses and accessories.
- Remote control to help take “fun-filled selfies” and creative angles.
Canon EOS M50
For the EOS M50 mirrorless, Canon is putting 4K recording at the forefront, whilst offering a host of other specifications. Equipped with a 24.1MP APS-C CMOS sensor with Dual Pixel AF, in combination with a DIGIC 8 processor, Canon claim the camera is for shooting “unforgettable stories in rich colour and detail.”
Able to shoot 4K at 24fps, the camera also wields 5-axis image stabilisation. Canon states that this gives the footage a “unique cinematic look and feel” that is four times more detailed than Full HD.
These features suggest the M50 is aimed at those eager to enter the world of moving image, especially anyone who is looking to launch a vlogging career. The camera has also been crafted with one-hand operation in mind, making vlogging a breeze.
Stocked with a EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens, the M50 mirrorless is capable of both landscape and portrait photography without adding extra weight.
Other key features include:
- Touch and Drag Autofocus.
- ISO 100 – 6400 (expandable to 51200).
- 7.5cm vari-angle touch screen.
- Large central electronic viewfinder.
- Canon Camera Connect app capability for Apple or Android devices.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Auto image sync and transfer.