Red Squirrel Hide Hire
Hire a wildlife photography hide in the Yorkshire Dales to photograph the charismatic red squirrel!
Want to give this workshop as a gift? Just put their details in the boxes below. If you’d prefer for them not to get a notification about the booking, make sure to enter your own email.
Photograph red squirrels from England’s only purpose-built red squirrel photography hide located in the Yorkshire Dales. The main woodland hide can accommodate up to four people and offers a fantastic opportunity to see and photograph squirrels at close range in a natural setting.
The hide has been purposely designed to enable comfortable photography with windows offering views of perches on three sides. At the front of the hide there are dual height windows which allow for shots of Squirrels on the trees and taller perches and ground shots/lower perches.
Our professional photographer, Simon, will be present to set you up in the hide and then will return frequently to ensure that there is sufficient feed for the squirrels and birds throughout the session.
These red squirrels are extremely reliable and generally there are several present at any one time.
Other animals you could see include roe deer, rabbits, woodland birds… and occasionally sparrow hawks, stoats and owls!
Itinerary & Availability
This is for hiring the hide only. There is no photography tuition included. Please view our other workshop listing for tuition and the chance to photograph squirrels from outside the hide in a wider range of scenarios.
The hide is located near Hawes in North Yorkshire; it’s less than an hour from the A1 to the east, and the M6 to the west.
The timings of this workshop are as follows:
- 8.30am – Meet workshop leader in Yorkshire
- 9.00am – 2.00pm – Red squirrel photography
Available sessions are as follows:
- August ’17: Sat 20th (3 places left)
- September ’17: Sat 2nd (3 places left), Sun 10th (1 place left), Mon 11th (3 places left)
- October ’17: Wed 4th (0 places left), Thu 5th (3 places left), Sun 8th (3 places left), Fri 13th (3 places left), Sun 22nd (0 places left)
- November ’17: Fri 10th (3 places left), Sat 11th (3 places left)
- December ’17: Sun 3rd (3 places left), Mon 4th (3 places left)
More dates available for our other red squirrel listing.
Please make sure to book one of the above sessions only.
You should be prepared to spend up to five hours in the hide, and there may be up to 2 other people present during your session. The hide can be hired exclusively to you for £220 – please contact us if this is of interest.
- Minimum focal length of 200mm
- 500mm lenses great for small birds and close-up squirrel photos
- Tripod for action photos
- Waterproof cover for camera and lens
If you require accommodation, we recommend booking through Airbnb. There are a number of listings available in the area. Use this link for £30 credit towards your stay.
There is no wheelchair access for this workshop. There is a 200 metre walk down a gravel track, with steps and a reasonable slope to get to the hide from the parking area.