Join a Botswana photography safari to photograph predators including lions, leopards, and wild dogs. The dry season is the best time for wildlife safaris.
Join professional wildlife photographers Andy and Sarah Skinner in one of the best places for an African wildlife photography safari: Botswana. During this Botswana photography safari, you will spend 12-days exploring the African bush during the dry season. This period, between July-end October is by far one of the best times to photograph Botswana’s abundant wildlife. Next year we are delighted to be running a number of departures to Botswana, one of our most popular photo tour destinations.
We’ll visit the Moremi Game Reserve, Chobe National Park (including Savute and the Chobe Riverfront), as well as the popular Khwai Concession area (here off-roading is allowed). All the areas visited offer an excellent potential of predator encounters include lion, leopard, and wild dog.
Botswana also offers fantastic opportunities to photograph African elephants in large numbers, plus a wide variety of other African wildlife. For any serious wildlife lover or keen photographer Botswana is a ‘must do’ destination.
Check out the video below to see just some of the sightings experienced in their most recent July 2018 photo safari to Botswana.
We have spaces remaining on two Botswana tours, one in October (at the peak of the dry season, the hottest month but when animals congregate around the dwindling water resources) In addition, another departure in July where temperatures are less high, but still presenting excellent game viewing and photography potential.
Highlights of this Botswana Photography Safari:
- 4 locations for outstanding wildlife sightings
- Travel at the peak of the dry season where wildlife is easily spotted
- Photograph big cats and wild dogs
- 18 extended game drives
- River cruise to photograph abundant bird and mammal life on the Chobe Riverfront
- Only 4 guests per game vehicle for plenty of room
- Modified vehicles with adjustable platforms to rest camera beanbags
- Fully serviced mobile camping with ensuite facilities
- Private camp sites in the heat of the wilderness
- Private chef and a full team of support staff (so no need to set up your own tents!)
This Botswana Photography Safari is led by husband-and-wife team Sarah and Andy Skinner. Who have extensive experience in leading photo tours and a wealth of experience and knowledge within the areas they visit. Between the two of them, they have won a number of awards in internationally renowned competitions – most recently, Sarah won the Mammals category in the prestigious GDT European Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition.
This is the perfect chance to learn from two real experts in the wildlife photography field, whilst in the company of incredible wildlife on safari.
Specification: Botswana Photography Safari: 12-days in the African Bush
5th – 16th July 2020
Maximum 8 participants
7 reviews for Botswana Photography Safari: 12-days in the African Bush
- Store Name: Andy & Sarah Skinner
- Vendor: Andy & Sarah Skinner
- 5.00 5.00 rating from 13 reviews