Description: Easter Island is a remote volcanic island, famed for its mysterious stone statues called moai. The more than 900 statues are found all over this island of rugged coastlines and friendly local people. The statues were created by the island's earliest inhabitants and there are many different theories about why they were created. Tom's favorite way to capture the moai is using speed lights with gels to bring out the striking details of the statues against a beautiful sunset. We also plan to use speed lights to photograph the local people in Easter Island and on the Chilean mainland.
As a territory of Chile, there is no better approach to Easter Island than by starting in the Chilean capital of Santiago. We will spend the first day photographing in and above the city of Santiago and then day trip up the Aconcagua Valley to photograph the tallest mountain in South America. We will stop along the way to visit one of Chile's famous wineries. Next we travel to the seaside town of Valparaiso, famous for its colorful hillsides of houses overlooking the coastline.
We fly to Easter Island the next day (flight included in price) and start our exploration of the statues, volcanos and stunning landscapes which make Easter Island a "must see" destination. The remoteness of this island makes for wonderfully unpolluted night skies. The beaches are pristine, the local culture is compelling. You may not want to come back!
Closest Airport:Santiago International Airport in Santiago, Chile
Included in the fee:
- 2 Full time tour leaders to assist the group during the trip
- Lodging for 10 nights
- Overland private bus transportation
- In country round trip flight from Santiago to Easter Island
- Meals as mentioned in itinerary: All breakfasts (B), 5 lunches (L), 10 dinners (D)
- Park entrance fees
Local bilingual guides for excursions as necessary
- Copy of Tom's ebook Create Better Photographs
Participants will provide their own:
Personal expenses, tips, beverages during meals, other meals or services not mentioned in the itinerary description.
- International travel round trip to Santiago, Chile
- Price $6699
- Duration 6+ days
- Group Size 5+
- Date 14/01/2021 - 22/01/2021
- Learn to use off camera flash to light the famous moai statues
- Travel to the Aconcagua Valley to photograph the highest peak in South America
- Use speed lights to create stunning portraits of the local people
- Visit the colorful coastal town of Valparaiso in Chile
- Receive a free copy of Tom's ebook "Create Better Photographs"
January 14 – Thursday
Reception at airport with private transfer to hotel. Early afternoon shoot in Santiago. Welcome dinner.
January 15 – Friday
Excursion to Aconcagua Valley - photograph My Aconcagua - the highest peak in South America. Tour Vina San Esteban Vineyard.
January 16 – Saturday
Depart for colorful coastal town of Valparaiso.
January 17 – Sunday
A second day to explore Valparaiso, then return to Santiago.
January 18 – Monday
Flight to Easter Island. Arrive, check into hotel and begin photographing Easter Island statues.
January 19 – Tuesday
Visit beaches, temples and volcanoes on Easter Island.
January 20 – Wednesday
Visit area near Rano Kau Volcano and other statue sites.
January 21 – Thursday
Sunrise photography at Ahu Tongariki. Return flight to Santiago in the afternoon.
January 22 – Friday
Morning at leisure with a farewell lunch. In the afternoon or evening, private transfer for the group to airport for return flights.
No images in the gallery