This weekend workshop will be dedicated to the techniques involved with photographing waterfalls in the Finger Lakes Region near Ithaca, NY. We will go into the field to shoot a number of my favorite local waterfalls, including, but not limited to Watkins Glen, Buttermilk Falls, Lucifer Falls, and Taughannock Falls.
We will visit several well-known and lesser known waterfalls across the Finger Lakes Region, and end with a group critique on Monday. Workshop limited to 8 participants.
- Price $450
- Duration 4-5 days
- Group Size 5+
- Date 11/10/2019 - 14/10/2019
- Field lesson: Capturing the power and/or silky smoothness of moving water and waterfalls.
- FIeld Lesson: How to make your fall foliage images pop.
- FIeld lesson: Using polarizer filters to improve artistic results.
- Group critique of images at the end of the workshop
- Indoor Presentation: Adobe Lightroom workflow for getting the most from your images.
- Indoor Presentation: Techniques for capturing the power and silky smoothness of moving water and waterfalls.
Rather than adhering to a set itinerary, we will stay flexible so that we optimize our time in the field, giving you the best chances to capture great images based on weather and lighting conditions. We plan to photograph throughout the day. After dinner, we’ll head back to our Phoenicia base for instructional sessions.
Participants arrive in Ithaca. Kick-off dinner at a local restaurant, followed by an opening presentation on various techniques and strategies for taking beautiful photographs of waterfalls and flowing water.
Saturday & Sunday
Morning field trip to one or two waterfalls location. Lunch break. Afternoon field trip. Dinner break. Evening indoor instruction sessions and image processing.
Morning field trip followed by breakfast. Group slide show and critique session, and workshop wrap-up.
Location highlights: Taughannock Falls, Ithaca Falls, Watkins Glen, Lucifer Falls